A Little Bit About Me
I hold a BFA in Sculpture + Extended Media
- Culture & Lifestyle Editor for JNSQ magazine
- Advertising committee and Mentor for UP&UP NY
- Creator of BehindFoods.com.
On The Food Front
I am very conscious about the relationship that exists between food, the environment, and the body (even the mind!). I don’t have a rigorous approach to health, but rather a light-hearted one because I see it as an adventure. I myself am on a life-long journey of discovering what works for me, all the while eating delicious food. I am not afraid to try things so you are guaranteed to never have bored taste buds, but I am also respectful of your own tastes. Moreover, the quality of ingredients are very important to me, as it affects the taste and nutrient-density of a food. Sharing my passion for cooking and overall well-being is something I love to do.
Specializing in vegan and vegetarian fare.
- Cooking classes (group and private/online and offline)
- Prepared meals (with package options)
- Menus for restaurants
- Customized menus for you and/or your family
- Recipe development
- Food photography
- Freelance artist, writer, and speaker
Based in Manhattan, NY, but I love to travel!
- Apartment Therapy
- Healthy, Tasty, Cheap
- Healthy Everythingtarian
- Defining Wellness
- My Breakfast Blog
- Nominee for Best Blog 2010, RVA Internet Awards
- Contestant for Foodbuzz’s 2010 Project Food Blogger Challenge
- currently in the running for Fitness Magazine’s Best Healthy Eating Blog Fitterati Awards
Video Screenings & Releases
- 2008 Couch Film Festival Awards–also featured on Best of Couch Fest Films 2008 DVD
- Vimeo’s Staff Pick
- Striking Mechanism’s 1, 2, or 3 seconds DVD release
- Grind Sight Open Eye event
- Monumental Art Gallery, Group Show
- Capital Garage Art Show, Achtung!: Alle Dinge Heissen
- Metro Space Gallery, The Secret of the Making of the Best Persons
- VCU Senior Show, Adlocutio
- Pilgrim’s Passage, No Assumptions, Collaboration with Stephanie Auld
Katharina’s Food Adventures love to work with companies whose philosophy aligns with the blog.
My posts sometimes feature products I recommend and personally use. They are not pitched on the behalf of advertisers, just what I prefer to use–whether it’s in my kitchen, on my skin, or my “camera” eye.
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor on Katharina’s Food Adventures, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also donate as a gift to help Katharina continue to have food adventures.
Product Reviews and Giveaways
I am open to reviews, host giveaways, and blog about them. Most of my reviews can be seen here.
If you are interested in having me review your product, host a giveaway or contest, or a combination post (i.e. review and a giveaway), email me with the details.
Notes about Product Reviews and Giveaways:
Please make sure what you are contacting me about is relevant for my blog. I am a vegetarian who cares about the quality of life. On my blog I share mostly recipes, dining-out, lifestyle, beauty, books, grocery products, and fashion. My readers are all around the world, and also open to trying new things.
I will only do reviews and/or giveaways with products I have had a chance to personally try first.
I will host the giveaway on your behalf and will contact you with a winner, but you will be responsible for supplying and shipping the product to the winner.