It’s been a hop and a skip since I last wrote on here, but that’s not say that I haven’t thought about this space frequently… almost daily to be honest. Originally I planned on doing a series on adrenal health, and how I’ve been recovering from fatigue. Well, a lot has happened since then and I think that simply weaving my insights into spontaneous posts will be more effective, for me and for you!!! After all, that’s the spirit of this adventurous blog!
But first thing’s first… I think I owe you guys a recipe! Get excited because I have lots of them to share, and they’re all tasty and vibrant. The kind of recipes that look good and are equally, if not more, delicious!
Inspired by Kasia Hrecka at Nourish Up, this recipe makes an easy snack/mini-meal, and its bold flavors will leave you considering making another one right away! When I first made this I had it as part of my lunch for a week straight.
- First take out a nori sheet (can be found at Asian markets and most health food stores), and wash and rinse either two large romaine leaves or about 4 small ones. That’s your first layer.
- Next up you can choose to layer on a leftover salad… I make this specialty cilantro-garlic sauce that is so delicious in this wrap. Think complementary.
- Now it’s time for the kimchi!!! Don’t have kimchi? Never tried kimchi? Well, this is a MUST for these wraps, so get your hands on some. This can also be found at Asian markets, health food stores, and some regular super markets (always feel free to ask about items if they don’t carry them). Layer on about 1/4 cup, more or less (but use a clean, non-silver utensil to keep the beneficial bacterias intact).
- Layer on the hummus… I like to use globs of it. This time I used a red-pepper hummus, but garlic hummus is also a favorite.
- Sprinkle on some cooked mung beans. Another tasty addition is avocado–seals the deal!
I’ve also got some exciting things going on in my personal and professional life that I want to share with you all, and I will. I just need to release this post first… like a message in a bottle.
Are you more of a planner, go with the flow, or somewhere in between? Perhaps on another river?
It looks I’ve got some surprises in store for you my pretties! Please let me know if you’re still listening, I’d love to hear from you all. As always, you can email me if you ever have any questions, or just ask them on here: email@example.com
By the way, if you have Instagram, follow me on there @mixoparthenos … just in case you’re wondering if I’m alive–I’m alive and well!